Friday, January 11, 2008

Bubbles and happy tears

Today is an exciting day. One of my friends is finalizing the adoption of her three year old son today.

I met J. over three years ago through a group of women who were all trying to get pregnant. The first time we met for lunch was only a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant with my twins. I've been lucky to get to experience many moments of celebration with this great group of women. Pregnancies, births, adoptions...thankfully the good tends to overshadow the bad. J. decided to go the foster-adopt route, and has been blessed with a wonderful and adorable little boy who has been with her and her husband since he was little. We've all been waiting with baited breath, hoping and waiting for this day to come.

Today is J.'s day, and this blog entry is to celebrate with her. Sometimes I wish I was a good fairy and could grant a wish for a perfect life, but instead, I'll recognize what you already have: all the ups and downs that come with parenting, a wonderful family, and the official recognition of what you already are...Mom.

Congratulations, J! I'm thinking of you all day and will be blowing bubbles at 12:30, sending them off full of happy thoughts to travel your way!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hmmm. i had posted a comment before, but it seems to have disappeared.

thank you. i am both honored and flattered. and so very grateful for your love and support along the journey to this moat amazing day.