Monday, November 17, 2008

Do You Love Me?

I was talking to my mom the other day, and she asked me what LOL means. She said she sees it in a lot of comments on my blog.

I have to point out, my mom is pretty internet-savvy, for the most part. So I forget sometimes that she doesn't know all the abbreviations.

I told her that it means "Laugh out loud", and she said she thought it meant "Lots of Love", but didn't know why so many people would be saying that to me.

I kind of like Lots of Love: LOL, Momma!

____________

Current NaNo Word Count: 39,242

Current NaNo Attitude: Hoping to cross 40k today, though I have book group tonight so we'll see! Book group is sure to be far more fun than writing ;)

5 comments:

Nancy said...

HAH! My step-mother thought the same thing until my little sister told her otherwise (about a month or so ago).

Just found out that another friend of mine is doing NaNo...dunno what her "screen" name would be though.

Threeundertwo said...

Aw cute. I'm probably one of those people who's used it.

LauraC said...

So funny... my parents and my aunts read the comments too! I was a little surprised to learn that.

Jen said...

My mom uses it for "lots of love". It took me a while to figure that out. I'd get a txt message on my phone that said "Gram is in the hospital.. lol"

Anonymous said...

that is cute and funny. I really did LOL reading Jen's comment with example:)