Thursday, December 20, 2007

Wheeee!

We got a wii yesterday. Okay, technically, we got a wii quite some time ago. I stood in line for an hour or so one morning a couple of weeks before Thanksgiving. It was right in the middle of NaNoWriMo, though, and I didn't want the distraction of it pulling at me, so we put it away until December 1, as a kind of reward for finishing my novel.

December 1 rolled around, and we got out the wii, set it up, and....nothing. It didn't work. After much talking on the phone to the Nintendo repair department, the gist was: it was broken. Thanks.

So, we sent it back, and just yesterday got our new one.

I wish I could say we got it for our kids, but at 2 and a half years old, I don't think they're old enough to act as cover for us.

So I guess we're part of the "old people" video game movement. Okay, maybe it's not that dire. We're part of the Nintendo generation. I played plenty of NES in my youth. We even own a Playstation (the first version, from way back when) that we pull out from time to time. While I was pregnant with my twins and on "couch rest" I even pulled out an old video game and played for hours.

But I still feel somehow apologetic for playing video games, like I should be doing something more important with my life. But I guess instead of saving the world, I'll be honing my wii tennis skills, or trying to build my brain at the Big Brain Academy (current grade: B--). At least for a little while.

Random unrelated thought:

It's snowing. Again. After years of living in Georgia, and hating the fake winters there, I swore once we moved back to a normal climate, I'd never complain about the snow. I do like the snow, but we have a lot to do today, and sitting inside while 8" falls wasn't exactly on my list.

No comments: