Tuesday, November 2, 2010

NaNoWriMo, I miss you!

Do you see how I'm not apologizing for my lackluster posting schedule? Come on, 1 post a month? Geez, even if I don't post again in November, I've now officially doubled my monthly posting. You're welcome.

Anyway, it's November. It's National Novel Writing Month. I love NaNoWriMo. I've done it twice now, and loved both experiences.

I'm not doing NaNo this month.

I'm kind of sad about that, though truthfully, with little Z-man still not sleeping through the night, and still not quite up to entertaining himself, I don't think it would be much fun to try to force in time to write a novel.

Plus, I have two novels from past years that I could work on.

What is it about writing novels that the goal, the expectation seems to be that you're writing for others, to publish and to share? If I spent a month writing a journal, I don't think I'd feel the same pressure to rewrite and let others read. Though oddly, here I am, sitting on two novels I'm not sure I want to share, but I write on a blog, essentially self-publishing a journal for all to see. Is it weird that I consider my fiction writing more personal than my blogging???

Anyway, anyone else doing NaNoWriMo? If so, what are you doing reading my blog? Get back to work!

_____________

Green tip for the day: Use both sides of paper, including things like shopping lists. Just cross out the stuff you already bought and start a new list underneath it or on the other side.

2 comments:

a + r :) said...

Maybe next year??? Ugh, I should just do it, but who has the time....does writing a billion blog posts a week count for us??? Speaking of which - WHERE ARE MY WHATACARD comments? Lady, you're slackin.

Ronnica said...

Yeah, I can imagine it'd be hard for you to do this year. As you know, I'm doing NaNo and am excited about it so far! So far I've noticed that my fiction writing is a LOT more personal than my blog...it's almost like I'm sharing every one of my teenage insecurities through my teenage protagonist!