Monday, December 17, 2007

Hello, world

So, I'm finally taking the plunge, starting that blog I've been thinking about. But first post: such pressure! I considered my options:
  1. Should I start mid-thought, with no introduction, no reasoning as to why I've begun? You knows, a "This thing happened to me today and here are my thoughts" kind of kick off.
  2. Should I start at the beginning, a "a long time ago in a galaxy far far away" kind of catch up?
  3. Should I start with an introduction?
  4. Should I rack my brain to come up with a fourth thing since lists of three are such a cliche?
Obviously, I've gone with number three, for better or worse. So here's my introduction, my brief whys and whats.

I've toyed with the idea of blogging a time or two, for a variety of reasons. Especially when my twins were born two and a half years ago, as a way to keep up with family. But, I was busy, and terribly paranoid about putting lots of personal information out there.

Most recently, I've felt pretty compelled to start writing. I participated in NaNoWriMo in November, churning out a 50,000 word novel in 30 days. As I was preparing for the event, and trying to talk friends and strangers alike into joining me in the insanity, a few people told me they were doing NaBloPoMo, the blog answer to NaNoWriMo, where you post a blog entry a day for all of the month of November. For about 22 minutes, I seriously considered starting a blog and doing both a novel and a daily blog. Then reality set in, I laughed, and put all my eggs in the novel basket. And I had a great time doing it. But it's December now, and I don't have that 50k word deadline over my head and a blog seems a perfect distraction from finishing that novel. Or editing. Or, you know, cleaning or something crazy like that.

So, who am I? You can call me your highness, the queen. Or not. It's laissez faire in my domain. I'm a 33 year old woman, living in Massachusetts with his majesty, the king (my darling husband) and our two little jokers (N-man and B-man, our two and a half year old twins). Other details will be forthcoming I'm sure. You'll just have to stay tuned.

For now, hello, world. Glad to see you.

Random thought: I've now got "King of Spain" by Moxy Fruvous running through my head. It could be worse...

No comments: