Sunday, February 3, 2008

X-Bourne-Man

I swear, in the fourth Bourne movie, it better be revealed that the evil government agency grafted adamantium onto Jason Bourne's skeleton. Because that guy can survive anything. Oops, did I give something away? I hope I didn't spoil it for anyone that in The Bourne Ultimatum, he takes a beating with no apparent damage.

Really, if it doesn't turn out that he has some kind of superpower that lets him walk away from car crashes completely unscathed, I'm going to be sorely disappointed. Because the movies are otherwise so believable.

But I'll be honest, I really enjoy the Bourne movies. Of course, that has little to do with the plot...

Random unrelated thought: We tried out another very good winter-local recipe. Winter Vegetable Soup. It is a combination of butternut squash, parsnips, potatoes, and rutabaga. Besides the rutabaga, which came from Canada, I was able to find all the rest locally. Very yummy, and had the great addition of balsamic vinegar drizzled on top of the soup. I never would have thought of that, and it was so awesome. I'll have to try that on butternut squash soup, too, as the taste is similar.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I LUV the Bourne movies. I have the box set. Yes, it is quite amazing that he is not some kind of robo-man who lives through everything but you have to use suspension of disbelief in these movies.
Can you imagine what the original movies were like? Didn't Richard Chamberlain start in it? Can't even imagine that!
I love the song at the end...I think it's by Moby. I'm dying to have that as a ring tone for my cell.