Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recipes

I have the recipes up from my Pass the Plate meal over at The Veggie Project. Potato Pancakes, Apple Compote, and Chocolate Zucchini Brownie Cake.

Yes, the cat's now out of the bag: I made brownies out of zucchini for my friend who hates vegetables. I'm a little evil. But seriously, this is the BEST cake I've ever had. I mean, better than non-zucchini chocolate cake. You can't taste the zucchini at all. Seriously. It's just like a delicious, moist chocolate-y brownie-ish cake.

I have to find out what Barb thought of it. If she liked it, now I can say, "Well, you liked zucchini if I mix it with tons of chocolate and sugar, right?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHY are you taunting me with chocolate cake that calls for zucchini well after zucchini season has come and gone? sigh. that sounds yummy right about now. i may have to settle for apple pie (we went picking...for the fourth time this season). maybe i can kick it up a notch with some caramel sauce...hmmm.

Jen said...

I'm DYING to hear Barb's reaction to the zucchini brownies! I can't wait!

Thanks for posting the recipes.. I've been craving potato pancakes and brownies ever since seeing the photo of the meal in your blog.

btw.. thanks for the recommendations for filling Jerry's doorway.

Melodie said...

I'd like to hear about her reaction to the brownies, too. I'm afraid to try any of those "sneaky" recipes. I have extremely sensitive taste buds, and I'm afraid that I'd taste the difference.

Sheri-ct said...

Yes, I'm DYING to know if Barb liked the brownies. This will mean that she now likes 2 veggies.......I'm seeing a salad in her future....ha!

LauraC said...

We get zucchini in our CSA tomorrow so I will definitely be making this. Even though I was vegetarian for 10 years and love vegetables cooked just about any way (except beets. What is up with csas and beets?!)

I'll definitely be playing along with the tag on the meme... I just finished World War Z a couple of weeks ago. Great book. Very sci-fi except about zombies. Amazing concept and very well executed (hard to say about a lot of books).

PS. My CSA let us substitute local apple cider!!!