Wednesday, May 27, 2009

At least it wasn't the Jonas Brothers!

So, today I was listening to the radio in the car. A song I don't particularly like came on, so I switched the channel. You know what happened? B-man piped up from the back seat, "I like that song! Turn it back on!"

Oh my, am I losing radio control this early?

Also, I have mixed feelings about the song. See, it was Girls by the Beastie Boys. I like the Beastie Boys. I just don't like that song. Let's pretend for a minute that I really believe the lyrics are meant ironically instead of misogynistically...somehow I think that distinction, if my boys paid attention to the lyrics, would be lost on them. Also, is it just me, or is that music pretty darn annoying?

I'm left confused. Proud of B-man for liking the Beastie Boys, kind of annoyed with the song he chose...

1 comment:

Ronnica said...

Oh, don't let them have control...fight it for as long as you can! Make up a rule (that worked in our family, and still does to this day) that the driver picks the music. After all, if you don't like the music and you're a passenger, at least you can do something else!