Friday, September 12, 2008

Mommy MeMe

I was tagged by the lovely Ms. Giovanna Diaries

Instruction: Post a picture of you and your kids.



Oh dear, was that a cheat? I swear, it's me and my two lil' jokers. Ask anyone, that looks just like me, right down to the two heads. And my boys are working on their mustaches. Okay, fine, I know this doesn't really count, but I'll toss you out this freebie...something about me you probably don't know: TK and I collect playing cards. We have around 500 decks. All put away currently so the boys don't get into them. So we've kind of cooled on the whole "collecting" thing, but I still think playing cards are really neat.

Happy now? I'll go on...
  1. How many children do you have? Two, fraternal twin boys.
  2. What are their ages? Turned three this summer.
  3. What time of day do you start your day? 6, unless one of the boys is up earlier.
  4. What do you eat for breakfast? I'm addicted to Carnation Instant Breakfast...I love milk, I love chocolate, I love an excuse to have chocolate for breakfast. But I'll also eat oatmeal or pancakes or eggs or whatever I make for the boys. Just not cereal. I don't like cereal. It gets all soggy and...gross.
  5. Do they watch TV? Yep. Mostly just Backyardigans. And sometimes Blues Clues or Jakers. 1 or 2 shows a day, maybe 3 or 4 times a week.
  6. What are their favorite activities? Going to the zoo, the farm, or the playground. N-man like to pretend he's different animals, both like trains, and B-man loves board games (Hi-Ho Cherry-O, Thomas Bingo, Hungry, Hungry Hippos: you name it!)
  7. Do you get a break during the day from them? They just started preschool this week, three days a week for three hours a day.
  8. How do you end your day? Reading, watching TV, or blogging/playing of the computer.
  9. What is your best parenting advice? Be adaptable and accepting.
Now I'm supposed to tag five people, but I'm feeling a bit anarchistic. So I'm tagging all of you. Well, all of you who haven't already been tagged. And who are mommies. And who are interested. Oh heck, you all get a pass. Play along if you'd like...I'd love if you did!

_____________________________

Comment responses to 1st Day of Preschool:
Nancy, now that you mention it, I think it was you that said that all twin moms look alike. I totally stole that from you, and am officially giving you full credit!
Three Under Two: Wouldn't you know, at preschool today I looked at the floor and sure enough, instead of a circle there is half a hexagon taped out on the floor. Once again my little N-man came home upset that circle time "Isn't *really* a circle".
Mary Ellen: That's exactly it, that they have this secret life now. It's so weird!
Gio: Looking forward to Monday! And this commenting on comments thing is something I saw over on Three Under Two's blog...I loved it! I'm never sure what to do with comments...sometimes I reply in the comment section, but I feel like people never see my replies. So I'm trying this out!

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

What a fun tag! Hmmm I might have to play along.. Maybe...:) Congrats on being found saucy over at SITS!

:)Rachel

Nancy said...

I totally cracked up over that picture of you and the twins LOL!

Congrats on being saucy...I just started looking at it last week...interesting!