Wednesday, January 2, 2008

The N-Man checks the calendar

January 1. The first day of the year. What does the little N-man do? Decides to climb out of his crib for the first time.

Yep. I know, they're almost two and a half; we got lucky to make it this long without any crib escapees.

And, as if that wasn't enough, he asked to pee on the potty, too. Totally unprompted.

It's like he looked at a calendar and said, "Well, it's 2008, I guess I'm ready to move to the next stage now."

N-Man also cracked us up today by insulting my cookies. I guess I should start by admitting that my mom makes the best Christmas cookies ever. And my boys ate about a zillion of them while we were visiting Grandma and Grandpa for Christmas.

So, for New Year's Eve, I made some chocolate chip cookies. I make great chocolate chip cookies. I swear! Well, I offered N-man one of them today, and he said, "where's Grandma's cookies?" Tough noogies, kid, you're stuck with Mommy's cookies! I also asked him if my cookies were as good as Grandma's, and he vehemently said NO while shaking his head for extra emphasis of how inferior my baking is.

Unrelated thought: I'm not big on resolutions, but I think my next blog entry will be goals I'd like to pursue in 2008. Get them in writing, make them concrete and measurable. Or maybe not. If I made resolutions, perhaps my first would be to write down my resolutions.

No comments: