Things we've found so far:
- Two size 18m outfits we were given when the boys were born, tags still on. Hey, maybe we'll have a boy again and can use it!
- Approximately 12,000 empty shoe boxes and other assorted small containers, because I always think I'm going to use them for something.
- Bottles we received as a hand-me-down and never used.
- A bag of VHS tapes (we have no VCR)
- 1 gazillion books of sheet music. Oh wait, we knew we had that. TK has sheet music for basically every song written between 1970 and 1990. You think I'm exaggerating. I'm not. If it was on the radio, and had any piano or guitar parts, he's got it. It's kind of a joke. In the 16 years we've been together, I don't think I've ever stumped him by asking if he had sheet music from any song from that era. He's got a sizable collection from pre-1970 and post-1990, though not quite as completist.
We also found a local company with a focus on recycling moving boxes. You buy boxes from them...they're used (if they've got them), or new. Then you give them back when you're done and they reuse them. How cool is that?
I tried freecycle first, as obviously free is best, but since I couldn't get any there, I feel pretty good about this set up.
And I'll leave you with some silly boy stories about things they did while we were trying to talk to different real estate agents:
- Played the drums
- Rode a NOISY ride-on fire truck around the table where we were talking
- Pushed a NOISY car around the table, and then the floor when we made them move
- Climbed all over TK and I
- Ran around like crazy men
- And most importantly, were totally cute and completely adorable, even though they were far, far louder, and far, far more constantly noisy than they've ever been before.