Instruction: Post a picture of you and your kids.
Oh dear, was that a cheat? I swear, it's me and my two lil' jokers. Ask anyone, that looks just like me, right down to the two heads. And my boys are working on their mustaches. Okay, fine, I know this doesn't really count, but I'll toss you out this freebie...something about me you probably don't know: TK and I collect playing cards. We have around 500 decks. All put away currently so the boys don't get into them. So we've kind of cooled on the whole "collecting" thing, but I still think playing cards are really neat.
Happy now? I'll go on...
- How many children do you have? Two, fraternal twin boys.
- What are their ages? Turned three this summer.
- What time of day do you start your day? 6, unless one of the boys is up earlier.
- What do you eat for breakfast? I'm addicted to Carnation Instant Breakfast...I love milk, I love chocolate, I love an excuse to have chocolate for breakfast. But I'll also eat oatmeal or pancakes or eggs or whatever I make for the boys. Just not cereal. I don't like cereal. It gets all soggy and...gross.
- Do they watch TV? Yep. Mostly just Backyardigans. And sometimes Blues Clues or Jakers. 1 or 2 shows a day, maybe 3 or 4 times a week.
- What are their favorite activities? Going to the zoo, the farm, or the playground. N-man like to pretend he's different animals, both like trains, and B-man loves board games (Hi-Ho Cherry-O, Thomas Bingo, Hungry, Hungry Hippos: you name it!)
- Do you get a break during the day from them? They just started preschool this week, three days a week for three hours a day.
- How do you end your day? Reading, watching TV, or blogging/playing of the computer.
- What is your best parenting advice? Be adaptable and accepting.
Comment responses to 1st Day of Preschool:
Nancy, now that you mention it, I think it was you that said that all twin moms look alike. I totally stole that from you, and am officially giving you full credit!
Three Under Two: Wouldn't you know, at preschool today I looked at the floor and sure enough, instead of a circle there is half a hexagon taped out on the floor. Once again my little N-man came home upset that circle time "Isn't *really* a circle".
Mary Ellen: That's exactly it, that they have this secret life now. It's so weird!
Gio: Looking forward to Monday! And this commenting on comments thing is something I saw over on Three Under Two's blog...I loved it! I'm never sure what to do with comments...sometimes I reply in the comment section, but I feel like people never see my replies. So I'm trying this out!