Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween, and Prepping for November

Happy Halloween! TK took a half day, we carved pumpkins, now we're playing some wii fit. It's a good day, even if it didn't happen to be one of my favorite holidays! He's trying to beat my ski jump records, little knowing I'm the ski jump MASTER. What's your best wii fit game? My mom is a wicked good hula hooper. She played on our wii and set a top score that is untouchable by us.

So, let's get on to November. I took the plunge and signed up for NaBloPoMo. I know some of you are also participating. I'm signed up as WhatACard...feel free to "friend" me. If you can figure it out, as in the few minutes I spent, I couldn't really find any of you. Or figure out how to add you as a friend. I'm technologically impaired today, I guess.

I hate to say it, but I'm not super committed to NaBloPoMo. I mean, I'm planning on it, but it'll be the first thing dropped from my schedule if things get nutty.

I'm worried about NaNoWriMo. I'm worried about the sophmore jinx. I'm worried we'll all get sick. I'm worried that my idea for a novel has less form than I had last year going into it. But hey, no plot, no problem, right?? I'm testing that this year a bit more than I did last year!

For those of you not familiar, NaNoWriMo is a challenge to write a 50k word novel in 30 days. That means you have to write, on average, 1667 words a day. However, due to a Thanksgiving trip, I really need to hit more like 2000 words a day. At least.

I'm going to try to be posting my current word count on my blog, but if I forget, or if you just want to visit, here I am at NaNo. I'll be posting (completely unedited, never re-read) excerpts of the novel-in-progress over there, too.

Oh boy, here comes November!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

HAPPY HALLOWEEN right back at ya!! Hope you all get lots of treats and no tricks!