Wednesday, July 9, 2008

CSA Week 5: Yummy!

Here it is, this week's distribution. Due to vacations and people visiting, these past two distributions were pretty close together: Thursday last week and Tuesday this week. So we've had plenty of veggies to eat!

Included this week were the following:
  • 1 head of lettuce (whew, glad the lettuce is slowing down a little!)
  • 1 bunch swiss chard
  • 1 bunch onions (I'm not sure what kind...can anyone identify them? They're the little red ones with the long greens)
  • 1 bunch beets
  • 1 bunch baby carrots
  • 2 lbs of squash (patty pan, zucchini, and yellow squash)
  • 2 cucumbers (which I don't like. Should I try to make pickles?)
  • 15 fava bean pods (I LOVED the fava beans last week...15 beans were not enough!)
  • 1 small handful of green beans (yummy yum yum yum!)
We've made some interesting recipes, gotta blog soon!

Random unrelated thought: My friend, and frequent What A Card commenter, Maggie, is visiting with her husband and beautiful daughter. We're having lots of fun, but my posts may be a bit infrequent for the next few days! But don't worry, I'm sure I'll pop in with my SYTYCD predictions. If I can make up my mind. This is a rough week!

No comments: